Branch is a mobile loan app that provides short term loans to individuals in Kenya. The app was launched in 2015 and is now available on android and iOS platforms.
To use the Branch loan app, you need to download and install the app on your Smartphone. After downloading the Branch App, you will be asked to fill out a short application from your phone. Which only takes a few minutes.
Next, you can apply for a loan by registering with your Mpesa number, receiving a confirmation code, and setting your Branch Pin. Once approved, the money will be send instantly to your Mpesa account.
Most importantly, you can build your credit up to Ksh. 300,000 by making timely loan repayment.
How does Branch Loan App work?
The app uses an automated system to process the information you provide and make a loan decision. The system is also free from human bias and designed to be as fair as possible.
To make things simple, as you build your relationship with Branch, the more your limit will grow higher and the smaller your fees will get.
How does Branch make a lending decision?
Branch uses the data from your phone, including your handset details and SMS messages to make lending decisions.
In addition, they basically combine this with your Branch repayment history to build an individualised credit score, which determiness the loan offers you receive.
Summary of Branch loan Features
|Loan Amount (Ksh)
|500 – 300,000
|Loan Term (Weeks)
|9 – 52
|Interest Rate Range
|17% – 35%
|Monthly Interest Rate Range
|1.7% – 17.6%
|22% – 229%
Note: Collateral is not required for loans. Standard SMS and data charges may apply. Interest rates depend on factors such as repayment history and the cost of lending from them.
Also Checkout: Zenka loan app reviews
How to Downloand Branch Loan App
Here various ways you can download the loan app from different kind of platforms:
How to download Branch app for Android
If you are using an Android device, the Branch loan apk can be found on Google Play Store. Here is a simple step by step process on how to install Branch loan app on your Android device.
- Go to Google Play Store on your Android Smartphone
- Search for and install the App
- Register for an account you will need an activated Mpesa line for this. Other personal information will also be needed, such as full names and National ID/Passport Number.
How to download it on Microsoft
Also, if you’re using Microsoft, you want to know how you can exactly download the right Branch app for Microsoft by following these steps:
- On your Microsoft phone or tablet, head over to the Microsoft Store.
- Search for the Branch App for Microsoft
- Click or get to install the app
- Register and start borrowing
How to Register for Branch Loan
Now that you have the app downloaded and installed in your phone.
What is required to receive a branch loan?
Requirements are simple- all you need to apply is your phone number or Facebook account, National ID and mobile money account.
In addition to that, they will request access to the data on your phone in order to determine your eligibility for the loan.
Let’s move on to start the registration process step by step:
- Open the Branch App
- Choose your language of choice
- Click on ” Take me to sign in/register”
- Click on ” I’m new to Branch”
- Select your preferred Country of origin then tap on “Register with phone number” or “Register with Facebook”
- Enter your phone number to “Register a new account” and wait for verification code.
- Create a your Branch Pin and that’s it.
Branch App Loan Calculator
This tool is for illustration purposes only. It does not reflect the actual terms and conditions of Branch loans.
How to Apply Branch Loan
To apply for Branch loan here is a process to follow:
- Open the App
- Sign up or Sign in
- Go to Loans options at the bottom of your home screen
- Fill in your personal details, phone number and mobile money account details
- Then you can view available loan offers, Select an option and tap “Apply”
How long does the application process take?
24 hours. On average, to process loans should be less than 3 hours.
Also Checkout: How to increase Branch loan limit
How can i increase my chances of being accepted?
Since Branch uses data from your phone as well as other sources to make a lending decision. To increase you chances of approval, please make sure to save the data on your phone, stay current with all other lenders and correctly provide your account details.
Why you maybe rejected for a loan
It is because you did not meet the eligibility criteria. Therefore, you need to continue saving data on your phone and reapply after the period stipulated.
What interest rate does Branch Charge?
Interest ranges from 17% – 35% with an equivalent monthly interest of 1.7% – 17.6% and APR of 22% – 229%, depending on your loan option.
However, interest rates are determined by a number of factors, including your repayment history with Branch and the cost of lending.
How to repay Branch loan app
To make repayment, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Mpesa in your Safaricom menu on your phone
- Select Lipa na Mpesa
- Choose the Paybill option
- Enter the Paybill number 998608
- For account number, enter your Mpesa number on which you received your Branch loan
- Enter your repayment amount
- Enter your Mpesa pin
- Confirm that all details are correct and press ‘OK’
What will happen if i miss my repayment?
1. Late repayment will affect your ability to get subsequent or larger loans
2. If you are very late on your repayments, we report on the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB). Blacklisting by the CRB may affect your ability to borrow from other lenders.
3. A late fee of 6% can be charged on the outstanding loan repayment amount for some loans.
9th Floor, Reliable Towers,
11 Mogotio Road, Off Chiromo Lane,
SMS – 24788