Starting a laundry business in Kenya can be a profitable venture if done correctly. In this guide, we will provide you with a step-by-step process on how to start a successful laundry business in Kenya.
Starting Cost Breakdown:
Here is a breakdown of the estimated starting costs for a laundry business in Kenya:
|10,000 – 20,000
|Washing machines (2)
|60,000 – 100,000
|30,000 – 50,000
|Ironing board and iron
|5,000 – 10,000
|Detergents and other supplies
|5,000 – 10,000
|Business registration fees
|15,000 – 20,000
|125,000 – 210,000
Also Checkout: Beginner’s Guide to Car wash business in Kenya
Choose a Location:
Choosing the right location is critical for the success of your business. Look for an area that has a high population density and is easily accessible. It’s also important to consider the availability of water and electricity.
To start a clothes cleaning business in Kenya, you need to follow these steps:
- Register your business with the Registrar of Companies.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses from relevant authorities.
- Get a good location.
- Purchase washing machines, dryer, ironing board and iron, and other supplies.
- Hire staff if needed.
This business is quite popular in Kenya, and there is a high demand for laundry services. The market size largely depends on the location of your business.
Earnings per Day:
The average earnings per day for a laundry enterprise in Kenya can vary depending on the location and the number of customers. On average, a laundry business can earn between KES 3,000 to KES 10,000 per day.
Pros and Cons:
- High demand for laundry services
- Good potential for profitability
- Relatively low competition in some areas
- Ability to offer additional services such as dry cleaning, ironing, and folding
- High initial investment costs
- Can be time-consuming and labor-intensive
- Dependence on electricity and water supply
- Potential for equipment breakdowns and repairs.
Starting a laundry business in Kenya can be a profitable venture if you are willing to put in the effort and follow the steps outlined in this guide. With the right location, equipment, and marketing strategy, you can establish a successful laundry enterprise in Kenya.
Also Checkout: How to Start a PlayStation Business in Kenya