In this list of Elected Members of Parliament (MPs) in Baringo County. We have gathered the information from reliable sources to provide you with an up to date and accurate list of elected Members of Parliament (MPs) in Baringo County and their respective constituencies and the party they represent based on general election of 2022.
A constituency in Kenya is a geographic area represented by an elected Members of Parliament (MPs) in the National Assembly. There are 290 constituencies in Kenya, each with an average population of around 160,000 people.
Through this list of elected members of parliament in Baringo County. You will be able to learn more about the current office holders, their respective parties and constituencies they represent.
Without further ado here is a list of elected Members of Parliament (MPs) in Baringo County
|William Kamket Kassait||Tiaty||Kenya African National Union (KANU)|
|Joseph Makilap Kipkoros||Baringo North||United Democratic Alliance (UDA)|
|Joshua Chepyegon Kandie||Baringo Central||United Democratic Alliance (UDA)|
|Charles Kamuren||Baringo South||United Democratic Alliance (UDA)|
|Reuben Kiborek Kipngor||Mogotio||United Democratic Alliance (UDA|
|Musa Cherutich Sirma||Eldama Ravine||United Democratic Alliance (UDA|
Members of Parliament Salaries in Kenya
The Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC) recently issued a gazette notice in July 28, 2022 stating that Members of Parliament (MPs) earns a monthly salary of Ksh 710,000, including basic pay of Ksh 426,000, a house allowance of Ksh 150,000, and a market adjustment of Ksh 134,000.
|Basic Salary||Ksh. 426, 000|
|House Allowance||Ksh. 150,000|
|Market Adjustment||Ksh. 134,00|
|Total Salary||Ksh. 710,000|
As an elected member of Parliament in Kenya, some of the functions include:
- Representing their constituents in parliament
- Debating and voting on legislation
- Oversight of government activities
- Allocation of resources and development projects
- Engaging in constituency development through the Constituency Development Fund
- Constituency representation in government programs and policies
- Attending and participating in parliamentary committee meetings
- Responding to constituent needs and concerns
- Advocating for the interests of their constituents
- Engaging in public outreach and communication with their constituents.