Ever wondered what electrical goods are flying off the shelves in Kenya these days As a tech-savvy shopper, you want to know what’s trending so you can find the latest and greatest gadgets. We’ve got the inside scoop on the list of fast moving electrical goods in Kenya right now.
Whether you’re looking for a new TV to stream the latest shows, powerful headphones to tune out the world, or a smartwatch to help you crush your fitness goals, this list has you covered.
Some of these goods are hot ticket items that sell out fast, so if any catch your eye, you’ll want to grab them quick before they’re gone.
Ready to dive in and see what all the buzz is about?
Here are the fastest moving electrical goods in Kenya today:
When it comes to televisions, you have a ton of options to choose from these days. Whether you want a basic HD TV or a smart 4K TV with all the latest features, here are some of the fast-moving brands and models to consider:
LG is a top brand for TVs in Kenya. Their LED TVs offer great picture quality at affordable prices. The 32-inch LG 32LJ573D HD TV and 49-inch LG 49LJ573D Full HD TV are very popular.
For smart TVs, the LG 43UM7290PTF 4K UHD TV with webOS is a bestseller.
Samsung also makes high-quality, fast-selling TVs. The 32-inch Samsung UA32T4010 HD TV and the 49-inch Samsung UA49NU7100 4K UHD TV are great all-round options.
For a smart TV experience, the 55-inch Samsung QA55Q60RAKXXL 4K QLED TV can’t be beaten.
TCL is an up-and-coming brand that offers value-packed TVs at budget-friendly prices.
The 32-inch TCL L32D2900 HD TV and the 43-inch TCL L43D2900 Full HD TV are very affordable but still provide a good viewing experience.
The 55-inch TCL 55P8M 4K UHD Android TV is a popular smart TV choice.
Other fast-moving TV brands in Kenya include Hisense, Skyworth, Changhong, and Konka. Whether you want an entry-level HD TV for the bedroom or an advanced 4K smart TV for the living room, you’ll find lots of options from these brands at competitive prices in stores across the country.
When it comes to refrigerators, you have a lot of options in Kenya. The most popular types are:
- Top freezer refrigerators: These are very affordable and common. The freezer is on top, with the fridge on bottom. Good for small spaces but accessing the freezer can be inconvenient.
- Bottom freezer refrigerators: Pricier but more ergonomic, with the freezer on the bottom. Easier to access items in both sections. These come in a range of sizes for couples or families.
- Side-by-side refrigerators: For those with more spacious kitchens. The fridge and freezer are separate units next to each other. Often with through-the-door ice and water dispensers. Great for entertaining since you have lots of space.
- French door refrigerators: Stylish and spacious. Two doors for the fridge up top, with a pull-out freezer drawer on the bottom. Allows you to see everything at a glance. Typically the most expensive type but also the roomiest.
No matter which style you choose, look for a fridge with an Energy Star rating to save on electricity costs, which can be significant. An inverter compressor is best, as it’s quieter and more energy efficient.
Stainless steel or slate exteriors are popular, easy to clean, and match most decor.
With regular use, a quality refrigerator should last 10-15 years.
Be sure to measure your space, read reviews, and buy from a reputable brand and retailer.
Your fridge is one appliance you use every day, so invest in the best one your budget allows. You won’t regret having a spacious, energy-efficient fridge that meets all your needs.
Smartphones are one of the fastest moving consumer goods in Kenya. As technology improves and prices drop, smartphones have become more accessible and popular.
Affordable Android Phones
- Android smartphones from brands like Tecno, Infinix and Oppo offer solid performance at lower price points. Models like the Tecno Camon 15, Infinix Note 8 and Oppo A53 are good options under KES 20,000.
- These phones typically have decent cameras, long battery life and run the latest version of Android. While not as premium as Samsung or iPhone, they work well for most basic needs like calling, texting, social media and web browsing.
Mid-range Samsung Galaxy A-series
- For those wanting a step up, the Samsung Galaxy A21s, A31 and A51 are popular choices in the KES 25,000 to 40,000 range. These offer features like fast charging, improved cameras with ultra-wide lenses and in-display fingerprint sensors.
- The A-series provides a balanced experience for both work and play. Performance and build quality feel more premium than budget Androids at a still-reasonable cost.
- At the high end, you have options like the Samsung Galaxy S21 series and iPhone 12 lineup with prices from KES 65,000 and up. These flagship phones have the latest specs like powerful chipsets, high-resolution AMOLED displays and multi-lens camera systems that produce stunning photos and video.
- While pricey, these premium phones are the ultimate experience for tech enthusiasts and power users. They also hold their value well over time if you sell them on the used market.
The range of available smartphones in Kenya means there are solid options at many price points. With technology that fits your needs and budget, you can stay connected and tap into the world of information and entertainment at your fingertips.
4. Electric Kettles
Electric kettles are one of the most popular small kitchen appliances in Kenya. They offer a quick and efficient way to boil water for tea, instant coffee, oatmeal or any other purpose.
Electric kettles come in a range of capacities, typically 1 to 1.7 liters. For most households, a 1.5 to 1.7-liter model is ideal and can boil enough water for several cups of tea or coffee. Smaller 1 to 1.2-liter kettles may suit singles or students. Consider how many people in your household will use the kettle to determine the right size.
Power and heating element
Look for a kettle with at least 1500 to 2000 watts for fast boiling. The higher the wattage, the less time it will take for the water to heat up. Most kettles have concealed heating elements that won’t collect mineral buildup. Stainless steel elements tend to last longer.
Choose a kettle with auto shut-off in case it’s accidentally turned on without water. This prevents the element from overheating and causing damage. A kettle with boil-dry protection will automatically turn off if the water level gets too low. Some kettles have stay-cool handles and lids, as well as non-slip feet for stability.
- Variable temperature control allows you to select the perfect temperature for different types of tea.
- Keep-warm function maintains the temperature for 30 minutes after boiling.
- Removable mesh filter catches limescale and other debris. For easier cleaning, look for a kettle with a wide opening.
- Cordless kettles with a 360-degree swivel base offer more convenience and flexibility. The kettle lifts off the base for easy filling and pouring.
With the variety of sizes, styles and features available, you’re sure to find an electric kettle perfect for your needs. Happy boiling and enjoy your hot beverage!
5. Electric Stoves and Microwaves
Microwaves and electric stoves are popular appliances for cooking and reheating food in Kenyan homes and businesses.
Electric stoves, also known as electric cooktops or ranges, provide an alternative to gas for stovetop cooking. The most common types are:
- Coil stoves: Have exposed electric coils that heat up. Inexpensive but slow to heat and uneven cooking.
- Smooth top stoves: Have a flat, glass-ceramic surface with heating elements underneath. Easy to clean but more expensive.
- Induction stoves: Use magnetic fields to directly heat pots and pans. Very fast, precise and energy efficient but require compatible cookware.
Electric stoves are convenient since they don’t require a gas line or tank and are suitable for small spaces. However, electricity can be more expensive than gas, and stovetop cooking may be slower. Many Kenyans choose electric stoves as a secondary or portable cooking option.
Microwaves are popular for quickly reheating and cooking small portions of food. They work by emitting high-frequency radio waves that cause water molecules in food to vibrate, producing heat through friction.
Some benefits of microwaves include:
- Convenience: Quickly reheat or cook single portions. Great for small living spaces.
- Energy efficiency: More efficient than a standard oven for small amounts of food.
- Easy to use: Simple to operate with just a few buttons. Easy to clean interior.
However, microwaves cannot brown or crisp food and are not ideal for large meals. They should only be used occasionally as a supplement to stovetop or oven cooking for the best nutrition and food quality.
Both electric stoves and microwaves provide convenient cooking options for many Kenyan homes and businesses. When used properly and in moderation, they can be useful appliances in a balanced kitchen.
So there you have it, a list of some of the fastest moving electrical goods in Kenya right now. Whether you’re looking to upgrade some outdated appliances in your home or want to invest in products that have a high turnover, this list provides some solid options to consider.
The great thing is, with technology constantly improving and prices becoming more affordable, you’ll be enjoying these innovative and efficient products in no time.
And the best part is, by purchasing these fast-moving electrical goods in Kenya, you’re also supporting the growth of local businesses and the overall Kenyan economy. It’s a win-win. So what are you waiting for? Go out and buy yourself some of these fast-moving electrical goods in Kenya today.