Starting a phone accessories business in Kenya can be a profitable venture. With the increasing number of smartphone users in the country, the demand for phone accessories is also on the rise. In this guide, we will provide you with the necessary steps to start a successful phone accessories business in Kenya.
Starting Cost Breakdown
|Cost Item||Estimated Cost (KES)|
|Business registration||10,000 – 15,000|
|Rent||20,000 – 30,000|
|Stock||50,000 – 100,000|
|Display cabinets and cases||10,000 – 20,000|
|Marketing||5,000 – 10,000|
|Miscellaneous expenses||10,000 – 20,000|
|Total||105,000 – 195,000|
Also Checkout: How to Start a Successful Bookshop business in Kenya
When choosing a location for your phone accessories business, it’s important to consider foot traffic and accessibility. Look for a location that is easily accessible and visible to potential customers. High-traffic areas such as shopping malls, busy streets, and commercial centers are great options.
To start a phone accessories business in Kenya, you will need to:
- Register your business with the government
- Obtain a business permit and license from your local county government
- Rent a suitable location for your business
- Purchase inventory and equipment such as display cases and cabinets
- Develop a marketing plan to promote your business
The Kenyan market for phone accessories is growing rapidly due to the increasing number of smartphone users. According to a report by the Communications Authority of Kenya, there were over 50 million mobile phone subscriptions in Kenya as of 2020. This presents a huge market for phone accessories.
Earnings per day
The amount you can earn per day from your phone accessories business will depend on various factors such as location, pricing, and the volume of sales. On average, a successful phone accessories business in Kenya can earn between KES 5,000 and KES 20,000 per day.
Pros and Cons
- High demand for phone accessories in Kenya
- Potential for high profits
- Opportunity for growth and expansion
- Low startup costs compared to other businesses
- Competition from other phone accessories businesses
- High risk of theft due to the small size and high value of the products
- Difficulty in sourcing high-quality and affordable stock
Conclusion: Starting a phone accessories business in Kenya can be a lucrative venture. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can start and grow a successful business in this industry. With dedication, hard work, and a commitment to providing high-quality products and excellent customer service, you can build a loyal customer base and establish yourself as a leading phone accessories retailer in Kenya.
Also Checkout: Cost of starting a Fish business in Kenya