If you’re in Kenya and need to top up your Safaricom line with airtime, Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make Safaricom airtime.
Here’s How to Make Safaricom Airtime
Method 1: Using M-PESA
- Go to your M-PESA menu on your Safaricom phone.
- Select “Buy Airtime”
- Enter your Safaricom phone number.
- Enter Safaricom’s phone number, for example 07XXXXX.
- Enter the amount of airtime you want to purchase.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and then confirm the transaction.
Method 2: Using Scratch Cards
Purchase a Safaricom airtime scratch card from any Safaricom dealer or vendor.
Scratch off the silver coating to reveal the unique 16-digit code.
Dial *141* followed by the 16-digit code, then # and press the call button on your Safaricom phone.
Safaricom will then credit the airtime to your phone.
Method 3: Using the Safaricom App
Download the Safaricom app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Open the app and log in using your Safaricom phone number and M-PESA PIN.
Click on “Buy Airtime” and enter the amount of airtime you want to purchase.
Click on “Proceed” and confirm the transaction.
Method 4: Using via USSD:
- Dial *334#
- Select buy airtime
- Choose either my phone or other phone
- To buy for other number enter the number or choose from the phonebook
- Enter the amount you wish to spend on airtime
- Enter M-PESA PIN
- If buying for another number, Hakikisha prompt will pop up that prompts you to either select Accept or 2. Cancel.
- You will receive a pop-up confirmation that your request is being processed and an SMS confirmation that the airtime purchase was successful.
With these simple steps, you can easily learn about how to make Safaricom airtime from your phone without any hassle.
I hope this guide was helpful.